New Look Autumn Adviser Hour Series proves Popular
- On November 18, 2021
- By Chris Gosling
Our new look Autumn Adviser Hour series kicked off in late September with a VCT special and the series is proving as popular as ever, having had a bit of a makeover and a couple of new features. With the overload of webinars and zoom meetings during the pandemic, we knew we could not stand still, and we needed to find out what our clients wanted and assess how best to deliver it.
When Adviser Hour was launched over 3 years ago, it was ground-breaking as a means of communication in the tax efficient sector. It was regularly watched by hundreds of advisers and won several awards.
Then came the pandemic, and an accelerated switch to online communications by most companies. In this environment Adviser Hour has stood out for its independence and the debates it encouraged. But with the increased online ‘noise’, it was important that we continue to deliver what advisers really value and appreciate. So, we commissioned an independent piece of research amongst advisers to find out what was really wanted. It has proved invaluable and has guided our thinking in taking Adviser Hour forward.
The key findings were these:
- Although Adviser Hour is available live and ‘on demand’ advisers would like more notice of when the programmes are appearing. So, in future we will be publishing the programme schedule well in advance,
- The panel discussions are widely appreciated, as a means of getting across different points of view. And also, because they give advisers the opportunity to learn about fund managers that are new to them.
- Unsurprisingly in today’s climate, there is huge interest in ESG and Sustainable investing, so going forward this will be a regular part of our schedules, and our ESG episode broadcast during COP26 in Glasgow proved to be very popular
- Topicality: We were asked if we can include a brief ‘News Headlines’ section, giving a summary of latest news and trends in the tax efficient and alternative investment markets. It is a matter of keeping advisers up to date with what is happening in the wider market.
This section, curated and presented by our Head of Sales Melissa Griffiths, is now a key part of the
- Can we create a ‘knowledge centre for advisers? Yes, of course, is the answer.
Advisers want a place where they can both learn about the products and this marketplace, and have specific questions answered. So, we have introduced an Adviser Clinic section in each edition of ‘Adviser Hour’ where we ask our expert panel a wide range of questions coming from advisers and their clients. We invite questions before each programme, so that we are answering what is relevant to our viewers. We want to tackle real issues that matter.
Adviser Hour – Autumn Series 2021
Our final episode has now been broadcast, and as you might expect, the entire series is available on demand. All CPD qualifying.
- VCTs: The 2021/22 Season
- IHT: Planning, choices, and timing
- EIS: Key drivers and trends
- ESG and Sustainable Investing in Alternatives – what you and your clients need to know
- EIS: Gearing up for the End of the Tax Year
We will be running further episodes of the Adviser hour in the New Year. As always, we would love to hear any suggestions on how we could improve, alongside any specific questions that you would like answered by our panelists.
GET IN TOUCH!
CALL US020 7071 3945
FOLLOW US ON
Throughout our site you will find links to external websites. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.