Recyclabox has Hit National News in Wales
- On November 27, 2017
- By GrowthInvest Admin
It is fantastic to see one of our alumni companies, Recyclabox, who buy unwanted electronic goods and prevents them from going to landfill. Started by two school friends, James Seear and Tom Williams they believe they found ‘a real gap in the market a few years ago, for people being able easily to get value from their old electronics and save them from going to landfill,’ sayd Mr Seear.
They started the business in 2014 with the first recyclaboxes placed in a supermarket in south Wales. There are now 13 recyclaboxes in Sainsbury’s and Morrisons in the region with expansion on the horizon as they are the UK’s first self-service kiosks for reselling electronics.
Recyclabox allows people to drop off their unwanted goods – which include phones, DVDs, CDs – and within 2 days a payment goes straight into the user’s account.
A step-by-step to recyclabox
1. Take the items to sell at your nearest box.
2. Follow the on-screen options to get a quote for the product you wish to deposit.
3. Put the item in the recyclabox.
4. Two days later the money will be in your bank account or PayPal.
5. If the product you deposited is not in the condition you stated, according to recylabox, they will contact you and offer a different quote for the item. Users then choose whether to accept a quote or whether to have it returned free of charge.
Every product the company buys is either shipped to other markets to be sold on, reconditioned or reused for parts. None of the items received are thrown away and if they cannot reuse the item then it is stripped for parts that can be recycled, they say.
GET IN TOUCH!
CALL US020 7071 3945
FOLLOW US ON
Throughout our site you will find links to external websites. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.