Intelligent Partnership have Published the EIS Industry Report 2016/17
- On January 31, 2017
- By Kate Arnold
Advisers and planners who download the report can expect to:
● Get an understanding of the latest EIS developments by reading the Market Update section, including the recently implemented regulatory changes and their impact and how Brexit might impact the sector.
● Use the Industry Analysis to help them benchmark open offers against each other based on key investment criteria such as costs, target returns, liquidity and minimum investment levels.
● Determine what their peers feel about the current state of play in EIS in the Adviser Survey section which looks at the 127 responses to Intelligent Partnership’s survey to gauge their concerns, preferred sectors and reasons to recommend EIS. Comparing the answers to last year’s survey gives a useful indication of changing attitudes.
● Pick up some tips on advising on EIS by reading the section of the same name and reviewing the client case studies, suitability recommendations and pitfalls to avoid.
● Take a look at our new Manager Roundtable section to find out what the fund managers themselves think about market capacity and the issues most likely to affect the EIS this year.
EIS has enjoyed strong government backing for over twenty years, but it now finds itself in a UK that has rejected the EU, but still bound by newly restrictive EU-driven legislative changes. At a time when routes to funding to SME’s may be at risk thanks to Brexit blocking European finance routes and the uncertainty caused by leaving one of the world’s largest trading blocks, EIS still promises targeted and potentially lucrative investment into the UK’s needy SME sector. This is a sector which has been called, “the backbone of our country” by Prime Minister Theresa May.
The report sheds light on the outlook for EIS sector and providing clarity for advisers who are not familiar with investing on AIM.
Complimentary copies of the report are available to download from the Intelligent Partnership website: here, and advisers can also request high quality, bound hard copies for just the price of the postage: here
GET IN TOUCH!
CALL US020 7071 3945
FOLLOW US ON
Throughout our site you will find links to external websites. Although we make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, we cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.